Sat, Aug 27|
SAILS 4th Annual Survivors Summit
For the fourth year in a row, SAILS is bringing together people from all walks of life to support, encourage, and connect with others who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss.
Time & Location
Aug 27, 2022, 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM
About the event
For the fourth year in a row, SAILS is bringing together people from all walks of life to support, encourage, and connect with others who have experienced pregnancy or infant loss. Again, this year, we’ll be together virtually.
At this year's Summit, you'll hear from mental health and grief experts, parents who have experienced a loss, and participate in our online candlelight ceremony to commemorate all of the babies who have gone on too soon.
Proceeds and any additional donations will be used to purchase a CuddleCot for a local hospital to support bereaved families, allowing parents to spend time with their baby easing the transition from saying hello to saying goodbye. Read more about CuddleCots here.
Summit Schedule of Events
11:00 am - 1:30 pm
- Welcome Message from SAILS Founder Sadija A. Smiley
- Opening Remarks from Alishia Anderson
- "Where's My Village" with Ashlee Epps
- "The Obstacle is the Way" with Jason Dykstra
- Guided Meditation with Nancy Olson
- Doula and Bereaved Mother- Chassis Hawkins-Younger
- "Supporting the Forgotten Grievers in Pregnancy & Infant Loss: Bereaved Siblings" with Jessica Correnti
- Bereaved Grandmother- Nancy Olson
1:30 pm Intermission- Sponsor Highlight
2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
- Candlelight Ceremony
- Panel Discussion and Q&A, moderated by Tiara Riley
- Panelists- Mylira Green-LCSW, M Green Enterprises, LLC
- Michelle Allette, Founder-Elijah's Purpose
- Rob Reider, Survivor and Father
- Alvin Sanders, Survivor and Father
Closing Remarks from SAILS Founder Sadija A. Smiley
Wear our message and help raise awareness for Stillborn and Infant Loss Support. Shop our store.